Views: 156 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-05-15 Origin: Site
The fascia massage gun has recently become popular in the fitness field. Compared with foam rollers and massage balls, the handheld massage gun has become the massage tool of choice for many people because of its ease of use.
But is the fascia gun really that useful? In this article, we focus on understanding the working principle, function and type of the electric fascia gun.
Fascia gun, also known as deep tissue percussion massager, is a soft tissue rehabilitation tool that relaxes the soft tissues of the body through high-frequency impact. The fascia gun mainly uses high-frequency vibration to increase the blood flow of the tissues and relax the muscles.
When the muscles and fascia have adhesions or injuries, the body will have many uncomfortable reactions, such as muscle stiffness, tension, local skin temperature, loose muscle tissue, inelasticity or decreased elasticity, and depression. There are irregular massive or string-like hard tissues between the deep sutures of the subcutaneous muscles. A large number of adhesions and folds of the fascia are like wearing a tight and inelastic plastic leather jacket on the outer layer of the muscle, which cannot be fully stretched and relaxed. Over time, it will affect muscle function and limit physical activity.
To relieve this stiffness and pain, and restore the flexibility and mobility of limb movement, we need to relax the fascia. The traditional method of relaxing the fascia is mainly through manual massage. Compared with traditional sports massage methods such as human hands or foam rollers, the high-frequency vibration of the power massager gun has the advantage of not only acting on the deep muscles that are usually difficult to reach but also improving the relaxation efficiency and saving time.
Delayed-onset muscle soreness refers to the obvious muscle soreness that begins the next day after exercise. Generally, the soreness will be relieved within 3 days. Fascia gun massage can help improve delayed muscle soreness. Fascial gun massager helps relieve muscle tightness and increase joint mobility.
The fascia gun is also useful for sedentary people with stiff shoulders and necks and too tight upper back trapezius muscles. Muscle massage gun has the effect of reducing pain and relaxing muscles.
The percussion massage gun adopts a multi-frequency vibration design and is equipped with 4 to 5 massage heads. It uses high-frequency vibrations to continuously hit the fascia muscles to loosen the high tension and adhesion between the muscles and the fascia. The usage of various types of tips is as follows.
1. The ball-shaped head is suitable for the muscles and fascia tissues of the whole body. It has a soft texture and can be used perfectly on chest, back, waist and arms. The round massage head is mainly aimed at massaging the large muscles of the body, such as the pectoralis major, deltoid, and latissimus dorsi.
2. The U-shaped head is suitable for relaxing the muscles on both sides of the spine and cervical spine, as well as the muscles of the Achilles tendon.
3. The cylindrical head is suitable for impacting deep tissues such as meridians, joints, palms, and soles.
4. The flat head is suitable for relaxing and shaping each muscle part, and stimulates the large muscle group more deeply. The flat-shaped massage head can perform various muscle groups of the whole body, but cannot perform vibration massage on the bones and aorta of the body.
5. The padded round attachment uses air to cushion its impact, which is most suitable for sensitivity and bones. It is suitable for use around areas with protruding bones such as the spine, shoulders, wrists, feet and even the upper neck.
When traveling for a long time, you can put a portable massage gun or a percussion massager with case in your suitcase.